A limited number of academic scholarships are available to church members pursuing undergraduate, graduate, or seminary studies.
Instructions For Completing Scholarship Application Form
1. Please download and complete the form using black or dark blue ink. Print or write legibly.
2. Note the instructions given within the application form. They are important and following them will prevent delays in processing your application.
3. February 20th is the deadline for submitting the application form to the Scholarship Committee.
4. Please send your completed application form to:
3032 Warrington Rd.
Birmingham, AL 35223-2720
5. If you have questions, please e-mail Larry Harper
South Highland has two scholarship funds - the F.A. Mathes Scholarship Fund and the Helen Mohns Dunaway Seminary Scholarship Fund. The Scholarship Committee reviews applications and makes recommendations to the Administration Unit in March. The recommendations are passed to the Session where grants are approved at their April meeting. Applicants are notified of their scholarship status in May. Scholarship disbursements are made directly to the educational institutions in two installments, late July and early December.
For the 2012-2013 academic year, 19 recipients were awarded a total of $24,300 in scholarship grants from the F.A. Mathes Scholarship Fund. Scholarship grants from the Helen Mohns Dunaway Seminary Scholarship Fund totaled $6,000 for two recipients. It is a blessing to be able to offer support to our college and seminary bound students through contributions of gifts to both funds. All South Highland members are encouraged to participate.”