A limited number of academic scholarships are available to church members pursuing undergraduate, graduate, or seminary studies.
Instructions For Completing Scholarship Application Form
1. Please download and complete the form using black or dark blue ink. Print or write legibly.
2. Note the instructions given within the application form. They are important and following them will prevent delays in processing your application.
3. February 17, 2018, (the church office closes at 1pm on Friday, February 16) is the deadline for submitting the application form to the Scholarship Committee.
4. Please turn your completed application into the church office in person or by mailing to:
SHPC Scholarship Committee
P.O. Box 55933
Birmingham, AL 35255
5. If you have questions, please e-mail Larry Harper
South Highland has two scholarship funds - the F.A. Mathes Scholarship Fund and the Helen Mohns Dunaway Seminary Scholarship Fund. The Scholarship Committee reviews applications and makes recommendations to the Administration Unit in March. The recommendations are passed to the Session where grants are approved at the April meeting. Applicants are notified of their scholarship status in May. Scholarship disbursements are made directly to the educational institutions in two installments, late July and early December.
For those who may be thinking of applying for a scholarship from either the F.A. Mathes Scholarship Fund or the Helen Mohns Dunaway Seminary Scholarship Fund, the time to prepare applications has arrived. The deadline for submitting complete applications is February 17, 2018.
For the 2017-2018 academic year, 18 scholarships were awarded, totaling $23,400 in grants from the F.A. Mathes Scholarship Fund. It is a blessing to be able to offer support to our college and seminary bound students through contributions of gifts to both funds. All South Highland members are encouraged to participate.