Most Recent News
Annual Congregational Meeting
Join us for the Annual Congregational Meeting
on Sunday, January 28,
in the Davis Family Hall.
THE SESSION HAS CALLED THE ANNUAL CONGREGATIONAL MEETING FOR JANUARY 28, 2018 AT 9:30am IN THE DAVIS FAMILY HALL FOR THE PURPOSE OF:
1) to elect six members of the congregation to serve on the 2018 Officer Nominating Committee;
2) to receive reports concerning ministries of the congregation in 2017 and information regarding the 2018 budget;
3) to receive and act upon any other business appropriate to the Annual meeting under the Book of Order; and
4) to fulfill the requirement for an annual meeting of the South Highland Presbyterian Church Foundation, and to hear, report, and act upon any recommendations from the Board of Directors.
The permission of a nominee should be obtained before placing that person’s name in nomination. In the event prior consent has not been received at the time of nomination, the nominee will be asked to accept or decline the nomination. In the event that a category receives no nominations, the voting will proceed with those categories represented only.
The Nominating Committee shall be composed of ten persons as follows:
1) three from the Session;
2) 1 member from the Board of Deacons;
3) 6 members from the Congregation-at-large, none of whom may be a presently serving officer, as follows: 2 men with no age restriction, 2 women with no age restriction, 1 youth age 20 or under,1 young adult age 21 to 35.
No person may be nominated for more than one category. Ballots with fewer than six will still be counted. The two men, two women, one youth, and one young adult receiving the highest number of votes cast will be elected. All members elected to the Nominating Committee are elected for a one year term and cannot serve two consecutive terms (with the exception of two Elders).
Two of the Session members will serve two-year terms on an alternative year basis and the Elder in the elder’s second-year term will be the chairperson of the committee and the other two-year member will serve as vice-chair. The other Elder elected by the Session serves a one year term. Serving from the Session will be Brody Black (chair) and two other members of the Session will be named.No other currently serving session members are eligible. Having served on last year’s committee and thereby ineligible to serve in 2018 are: Kelly Troiano, Steve Messier, Russell Nance, Beth Atkerson, Diane Cleveland, Mac Edwards, John Yeilding, Casey Blighton, Palin Wilkinson.