Most Recent News
Annual Congregational Meeting
THE SESSION HAS CALLED THE
ANNUAL CONGREGATIONAL MEETING
FOR SUNDAY, JANUARY 26, 2020 AT 9:30AM
IN THE DAVIS FAMILY HALL
FOR THE PURPOSE OF:
1) electing six members of the congregation to serve on the 2020 Officer Nominating Committee;
2) receiving reports concerning ministries of the congregation in 2019 and information regarding the 2020 budget;
3) receiving and acting upon any other business appropriate to the Annual Meeting under the Book of Order; and
4) fulfilling the requirement for an annual meeting of the South Highland Presbyterian Church Foundation, and to hear, report, and act upon any recommendations from the Board of Directors.
The permission of a nominee should be obtained before placing that person’s name in nomination. In the event prior consent has not been received at the time of nomination, the nominee will be asked to accept or decline the nomination. In the event that a category receives no nominations, the voting will proceed with those categories represented only.
The Nominating Committee shall be composed of ten persons as follows:
(1) three from the Session;
(2) one member from the Board of Deacons;
(3) six at-large members from the congregation, none of whom may be a presently serving officer, as follows:
• two men with no age restriction,
• two women with no age restriction,
• one youth, age 20 or under, and
• one young adult, age 21 to 40.
No person may be nominated for more then one category. Ballots with fewer than six will still be counted. The two men, two women, one youth, and one young adult receiving the highest number of votes cast will be elected. All members elected to the Nominating Committee are elected for a one-year term and cannot serve two consecutive terms (with the exception of two Elders). Two of the Session members will serve two-year terms on an alternative year basis. The Elder in a second-year term will be the Chairperson of the committee, and the other two-year member will serve as Vice-Chair. The other Elder elected by the Session only serves a one-year term.